Curious about exploring an Occupational Rehab Consulting pathway as an Allied Health professional?
Your clinical training and expertise make you an ideal candidate for a career in the Occupational Rehab Consulting, Injury Management and Prevention, and the Return-to-Work field. A career in this area of healthcare can be varied and meaningful and lead to many more career opportunities ahead!
What clinical professions are approved to work in these roles?
- Physiotherapy (AHPRA reg)
- Occupational Therapy (APHPRA reg)
- Social Work (AASW Reg)
- Psychology (provisional and full AHPRA reg)
- Nursing (AHPRA Reg)
- Exercise Physiology (ESSA accredited EP reg)
- Osteopathy (Vic only, AHPRA Reg)
- Rehabilitation Counsellor (ASORC accreditation)
What does an occupational rehab consulting role involve?
To provide early intervention, injury prevention and workplace rehabilitation services to clients to assist individuals to return to health, remain at work, return to work or commence new employment. ‘Clients’ refers to individuals on compensable schemes (i.e., Worker’s compensation, motor vehicle accident schemes etc.)
What are the transferable skills from clinical practice?
Rehab case management skills:
- Conducting assessments- implementing objective interview techniques
- Report writing
- Goal setting
- Client education
- Following procedures under time pressures
- Managing multiple cases at once
- Negotiating with stakeholders to influence an outcome
- Stakeholder relationship building and management
- Participating in case reviews and conferences
- Utilising clinical knowledge of the impact of physical and psychological injury on prognosis, impact on quality of life, and return to work capabilities and capacity
- Identifying barriers and strengths in the recovery journey
- Developing treatment plans
- Physical injury management
- Psychological injury and pain management
What are the benefits of moving into Occupational Rehab Consulting?
- Non-clinical/ non-client facing but using your clinical expertise in a commercial environment
- Flexibility / work- life balance / work from home
- Mon – Fri 9am-5pm
- Salaried roles plus super, plus travel and quarterly bonus schemes
- Scaled professional pathways into leadership and management positions
- Meaningful work and true engagement in a holistic outcome for your client
How can MediRecruit assist you?
- We will provide you with detailed industry insights including a variety of roles
- We will match you with the right role, company culture, and fit, and provide you with market salary guides
- We have an excellent resource including interview preparation and specific information for you to showcase your transferable skillset
- We’ll explore these career pathways with you as well as discuss what other opportunities lie beyond these roles once you have experience in the industry.
If you are interested in hearing about opportunities in your area or just want to chat about these types of roles further, please contact us for a confidential discussion.