Our client is a national not for profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of individuals who are blind or have low vision. Their passionate team of health professionals work hard to help their clients and families improve their access and participation in the community. They have a fun and collaborate approach to therapy working within a trans-disciplinary care model. About the Role:
We are currently seeking a part time early career Paediatric Speech Pathologist to take on a community-based role in Melbourne.
Provide quality services to clients and families, in the home, within community, schools and kinder to clients aged 0-18 with low vision and multiple disabilities. You will work in a trans-disciplinary model of care with other allied health professionals and act as the Primary Service Provider to coordinate the provision of services to clients and families. In addition to individual assessment and therapy, you will assist with group therapy programs and school holiday programs in the clinic space in Kooyong.
Experience with working with children with disabilities is preferred. Extensive support and training is offered to support you with working with children who are blind or have low vision if you have limited experience.
This is a part time position, 3 days per week.Benefits:
- $75K - $80K + super + 6k salary sacrifice + company car- Salary packaging offered
- Extensive induction process
- Passionate multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home opportunity
- Leadership and career growth options
- Laptop and mobile provided
- Fitness passport
- Extra annual leave days over holiday period
- Relevant qualification in Speech Pathology
- SPA registration
- Previous NDIS experience (required)
- Experience working with children with multiple disabilities (desired)
- Active listener and critical thinking skills
- A passion and drive to make a difference
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with individual and group intervention strategies
- A learning mindset with a desire to challenge your existing perception
- Enthusiasm to grow and expand your knowledge, skill-set and career
- Current drivers licence and own car
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK. How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Danielle Weedon (B. Physio) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 483 364. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.