Our client was founded to provide trusting, compassionate and caring healthcare to individuals living with a disability and elderly individuals. Their core purpose is to make a difference to the life of the more vulnerable community on a daily basis.
Their team is comprised of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Exercise Physiologists who are highly experienced, empathetic, and caring. They partner with NDIS coordinators and Home Care Package Providers to help people with a disability or elderly individuals live their best life. The role:
We are currently searching for a motivated OT to join an incredible team in Melbourne.
This role requires a motivated person who has empathy and drive to deliver the best service to the vulnerable community. New grads right through to experienced more senior therapists who would like to step into a team leader role will be considered. This role covers areas in central Melbourne.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Assessment and prescription of assistive equipment
- Assessment and planning of home modifications
- Provision of therapy to NDIS participants
- Provision of comprehensive functional and environmental assessments
- Comprehensive written reports
- Tailored exercise therapy and promotion
- Therapy supports including: fine motor skills, sensory profiling and assistance with daily living skills
- Housing assessments and home modifications
- Clear, frequent and open communication between support coordinators, case managers and families
- Will consider sponsoring overseas therapists with sufficient experience (note: full AHPRA registration is required)
- $80K - $90K based on experience
- No KPI for minimum billable hours
- Laptop and Phone
- Fuel card or travel allowance
- Supervision sessions
- Copious amounts of Professional Development
- Variety in caseload and so many learning opportunities
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Full AHPRA registration
- Willingness to take advantage of new opportunities and exciting challenges.
- Motivation to learn and contribute new ideas to promoting best practice therapy
- Empathy towards individuals with a disability and elderly individuals
- Inspiration to make a real difference in someone's life
- A car to drive between client homes in the Western suburbs of Melbourne
- Experience with NDIS and Home Care Package clients
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members, stakeholders and most importantly patients!
- Strong attention to detail skills with a focus on ensuring accurate preparation of documentation
- The ability to be a team player and not take yourself too seriously. You’ll be joining a team that is super supportive and loves a good laugh!
- Active Police Check
- Working with Children Check
MediRecruit is Australia’s premier boutique recruitment destination for medical practitioners and healthcare candidates. Run by healthcare professionals, for healthcare professionals, the expert agency’s primary focus is to encourage candidates to discover ‘diverse careers in health’ throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK. How to Apply:
Please apply and one of our Healthcare Specialists will call you for a confidential discussion. Or contact Eleanor Dwyer- email@example.com or 0407 564 150.