The Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) is the sole voice and peak professional body representing physiotherapists and their patients in Australia. In joining the APA you become part of the broader physiotherapy community, adding your voice to more than 31,000 existing members.
The APA advocates through direct lobbying with members of parliament and key stakeholders affecting the interests of physiotherapists, and reaching better outcomes for your patients. Becoming a member of the APA demonstrates your commitment to and support for the future of physiotherapy within Australia.
Physiotherapists, physiotherapy students, physiotherapy assistants, and non-physiotherapists who work in the physiotherapy environment are all welcome to join.
There is a magnitude of reasons to belong, but some of the benefits include;
- Discounted PD enabling you to expand your knowledge and skills through face-to-face and online courses and events
- Receive regular updates through our publications and news
- Join a national group, network with peers and stay up to date with what’s happening in your field
- Get involved with our Mentoring programs
- Obtain access to exclusive offers and discounts for everyday items from our member benefits program
- Boost your presence and referrals through inclusion in the Find a Physio directory
- Feel supported with member-only resources, our member support team and state branches
- Explore the latest evidence with access to EBSCO and PEDro research databases
- Get involved with the Physiotherapy Research Foundation which provides grants to support innovative physiotherapy research projects that advances physiotherapy knowledge and practice
- Importantly your membership covers Professional Indemnity Insurance ensuring you’re protected by one of the best covers in the market
- And so much more
So, what are you waiting for?
Whatever your career stage, the APA membership has something to offer you.